Saturday, March 28, 2009

03.28.09

MIA...again.

Well, things had been going well.  This picture is from last weekend when the pair was sitting up on the deck pillar.  I was seeing the pair everyday hanging out around and in both boxes.  That's right...the bluebird box and the other box I put up a couple of years ago for the tree swallows.  They too were interested in the bluebird box so I gave them their own space.  (Still haven't seen them yet this year.)

I'm not sure what the bluebirds were up to.  I saw both the male and female going in and out of the boxes.  I still have not seen any actual nest building materials going in either box.

Well, we had a large snow storm this last Thursday.  We probbly ended up with 10-12 inches and had blizzard-like conditions at times.  (We were supposed to get 16-22.)  When the snow stopped and the sun came out yesterday, Friday, there was no sign of either bluebird...the entire day.  And I have not seen them today either.  I'm not sure what's going to happen next - I hope they are still around.

No comments: